Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The After Hours Tour hits Chicago!!


October 11, 2014 @ Riviera Theatre, Chicago
Diana Gates

Let me just start off by saying, this was my first show in Chicago since I decided to move here just over a month ago. It may be harder than usual to find words to express how special this night was for me, but here goes:

I have had the pleasure of getting to know the guys in Down With Webster on a personal level over the years of living in Toronto! The best way to describe this group is recklessly talented, highly entertaining, and completly down to earth. I was beyond excited when I was made aware that this would be my first show after moving to Chicago from our shared hometown of Toronto. This night was the transition for me from one chapter to another. Being able to see a band that I have seen countless times in Toronto, made Chicago feel just like home that night. It was the perfect balance of something new and something comfortable!
I had arrived at the Riviera Theatre and immediately decieded to explore this incredible venue. The Riviera Theatre was built in the 1920s and that was completely evident by the incredible architecture. It is a three floor venue with a massive balcony and peak a boo pockets throughout the entire second floor. Needless to say this place was huge, and not only that it was packed! Down With Webster was out supporting Time Flies and Kapslap on The After Hours Tour, and Chicago just happened to be SOLD OUT! 
Down With Webster to the stage first and completely blew my mind. Let me say it again, I have seen this band perform over 20 times and can not express the energy and intensity they brought to the stage that night. The audience was so receptive of what they were putting out there, it was a definitely a sight to see. After talking with a handfull of fans, I  had come to the conclusion that not a lot of the audience had ever heard of Down With Webster before and despite this fact, the audience seemed to love it. The guys make such a strong effort to engage the crowd, and on that night they had everyone in that room on their feet and dancing like you wouldn't believe. I was not only having a great time, seeing an incredible band but so fearsly proud of them and their growth that I've seen over the last 6 years. 
Not only did they put on a flawless show, but played such an important part in my transition to this new chapter of my life. I want to thank the band for allowing me to be apart of that night which will definitely go down in my history books.
Pat Gillett, Marty Martino, Bucky, Camm Hunter, & Tyler Armes

Thank you to Down With Webster, Riviera Theatre, and CHICAGO!!!!!!